About Community Action Agency
The purpose of this agency is to help the individuals and families of Ottawa County who are struggling with financial self-sufficiency. Our programs are mainly related to housing and food issues. Many of the programs include loans or general assistance to participants, but generally the recipients must prove their economic sustainability. CAA assistance is meant to help individuals or families reach a point where they can assist themselves without public funding. The Community Action Agency is part of an extensive regional network of faith-based and non-profit agencies that work on a knowledgeable referral basis. If we cannot help a client, we will help that recipient find the appropriate channel to meet their needs.
12251 James St., Ste. 300
Holland, MI 49424
Phone: (616) 393-4433
Toll-free: 1 (800) 764-4111 Ext. 4433
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Proof of income for all adults in the home - examples include last 3 paycheck stubs, child support, SSI, disability, DHS, unemployment, last year's taxes, W2.
- Proof of household size - examples include social security cards or birth certificates for all household members.
- Photo ID and social security card of the applicant.
- Proof of loss of income - car repair bill, medical bill, loss of job notice.
- Shut off notice from utility company (if applying for Utility Assistance).