The Register of Deeds office will be closed on the following dates and times:
Fillmore Steet Register of Deeds
- September 5, 2014: 8-9:30am
- October 3, 2014: 8-9:30am
- December 12, 2014: 8-9:30am
Grand Haven Public Service Center/Register of Deeds
- September 5, 2014: 8-9:00am
- October 3, 2014: 8-9:00am
- December 12, 2014: 8-9:00am
The Office of the Register of Deeds was organized when Ottawa County was first established in 1834. The office records over 120 different documents (instruments). Only original documents can be recorded.
The documents can be sent or brought in to our office for recording. Staff review documents, before recording, to insure they meet State Statute Recording Requirements. The document is kept, by our office, until the recording process is completed and is then returned to the person/organization who submitted the document. The recording of your document, by this office, does not make your document legal. It makes your document public.
Register of Deeds staff cannot give legal advice.
- Helping Michigan's Hardest-Hit Homeowners
- Warning: Conveyance Transfer Service & National Deed Service is offering to sell copies of deeds for $84/$69.50. Your Deed copy is available for $1.00 a page (most deeds are 1-2 pages) in our office, and we will certify your deed for an additional $1.00.
- A Free Service that is Now Available! Property Fraud Alert for Ottawa County! Sign up by entering your personal and/or business name and you will be notified when a document is recorded with your name match: get more information.
- Clerk-Register Survey Results
Integration Project Improves Efficiency for the Clerk/Register of Deeds & Treasurer's Office
The Register of Deeds Division and Treasurer’s Office worked together to share data and documents between their offices using a Paperless Recording Integration. By eliminating the needs to print, scan and re-index paper documents, both offices have saved valuable time and increased the integrity of their work by eliminating redundant steps in the indexing process.
“The Paperless Integration between our office and the Treasurer’s Office has increased our efficiency immensely by allowing us to move hundreds of documents a day. We no longer need to scan every one of the documents coming from the Treasurer and the indexing process is partially completed as soon as the documents arrive in our system. Thanks to this integration we save over 100 hours a year and we no longer have to worry about falling behind.”
-Daniel C. Krueger, Ottawa County Clerk/Register of Deeds
“The Ottawa County Treasurer’s Office is experiencing approximately 10 hours of time savings for each cycle of recording the Certificate of Forfeiture as we no longer have to print, proof, and submit documents manually. No printing also reduces our expenditures of paper and ink. Because we are able to electronically import the recorded documents back into the BS&A System we eliminate any keying or filing errors, plus save an additional eight to sixteen hours annually in the Treasurer’s Office by not having to manually file the documents.”
-Bradley Slagh, Ottawa County Treasurer
Register of Deeds
Chief Deputy Register of Deeds
Recording Office12220 Fillmore St
West Olive, MI 49460
Fax: (616) 994-4521
8:00am - 5:00pm
Research Library414 Washington Ave, Room 115
Grand Haven, MI 49417
8:00am - 5:00pm