Community Action Agency

Utility & Weatherization Assistance

Utility And/Or Weatherization Assistance

Interested to see if you are eligible for utility or weatherization assistance? Enter your information into our form and one of OCCAA's team members will get back to you.

Walk for Warmth

Walk for Warmth

The Walk For Warmth is an annual event each year that raises money to keep the heat on for families in Ottawa County who have received a utility shut-off notice for gas, electric, water and deliverable fuels like propane and fuel oil.

Ottawa County Community Action Agency aims to reduce the effects of financial hardships by promoting self-sufficiency and empowering individuals and families to achieve economic independence

How are we doing?

Please take a brief survey about your recent experience with Ottawa County Community Action Agency

Take Our Survey »

About Community Action Agency

The purpose of this agency is to help the individuals and families of Ottawa County who are struggling with financial self-sufficiency. Our programs are mainly related to housing and food issues. Many of the programs include loans or general assistance to participants, but generally the recipients must prove their economic sustainability. CAA assistance is meant to help individuals or families reach a point where they can assist themselves without public funding.

Community Action Agency

The Community Action Agency is part of an extensive regional network of faith-based and non-profit agencies that work on a knowledgeable referral basis. If we cannot help a client, we will help that recipient find the appropriate channel to meet their needs.

Apply for Services

12251 James St., Ste. 300
Holland, MI 49424
(616) 393-4433
Toll-free: 1 (800) 764-4111, Ext. 4433
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Office hours by appointment only
Community Action Agency

Documentation Needed

  1. Proof of income for all adults in the home - examples include check stubs from last 30 days, child support, SSI, disability, DHS cash assistance, unemployment, etc.
  2. Proof of household size - examples include social security cards or birth certificates for all household members.
  3. Photo ID and social security card of the applicant.
  4. Shut off notice from utility company (if applying for Utility Assistance).