Limited administrative office and phone hours are in effect.
The administrative office is open by appointment only.
North Ottawa Dunes
18201 North Shore Drive (approx.)
Ferrysburg, MI 49409
From US-31, take the Ferrysburg exit west on to 3rd Street to North Shore Drive. Turn west on North Shore and travel one mile to the City of Ferrysburg’s Coast Guard Park. Enter Coast Guard Park and look for the North Ottawa Dunes trail head.
Amenities & Activities
- Access, trail head and parking at Coast Guard Park
- Picnic tables
- Modern restrooms during warm months
- Hiking and ungroomed cross country ski trails
- Firearm hunting on limited occasions by special permit. More information
MapThis map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. This property offers 593 acres of wooded dunes located just off the Lake Michigan shoreline and uniquely situated between state, county and city parks. Ten miles of hiking trails link North Ottawa Dunes to North Beach Park and PJ Hoffmaster State Park. The property features tremendous topography with an elevation change of 185 feet in the parabolic dune formations. Eight distinct dunes in the rugged landscape exceed 750 feet in height for spectacular, scenic views of the surroundings.
March 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
FeesThere are no entry fees.
- Dogs are permitted at North Ottawa Dunes with the exception of the dune stairs.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in buildings, restrooms, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.