Pigeon Creek Group Camp Area
- Outdoor facility available for overnight outings for groups from recognized organizations*
- Large fire pit/gathering area (firewood provided)
- Picnic tables
- Group grill
- Pit toilets
- Hand water pump
- Some tent sites and trails are barrier free
- Hammock post (12 Hammocks)
Rental Times & Fees
Available Year Round
Camp Capacity: 40
|Non-Profit Overnight||(3:00pm - 12:00pm)||$80||$108|
|Overnight||(3:00pm - 12:00pm)||$160||$216|
*Organizations will be verified by Parks Office.
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- There is a fire pit available for use with reservations. Firewood for cooking/heat is provided (it is not enough for large bonfires). Fires should be thoroughly extinguished before the end of the reservation.
- Please remind guests that the restroom facilities are rustic. A hand water pump and pit toilets are available.
- In winter - NO walking on ski trails, regardless of whether there is snow or if they are groomed. If they are found walking on trails, can be ticketed and possibly barred from using the group camp area again.
Set-up, decorating, and clean-up must be done within your rental time period. All decorations must remain within your rental area. All decorations, including any portable furniture/ structures, such as trellises, podiums, etc., must be contained within your rental area, must be completely removable and must not damage park property or trees in any way.
Aisle runners and portable dance floors are allowed but must be removed immediately following the reservation time period and may not be left overnight.
Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only. Signs and balloons may not be stapled, nailed, tied, or taped to light poles or park signs. It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event.
What Is NOT Allowed
- No piñatas
- No flames/fire, including candles, tiki torches, sparklers, lanterns, firecrackers/fireworks, portable fire pits.
- Anything that could cause damage or leave evidence after the event, including but not
- NO Adhesives, including masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, glue, hot glue, painters tape or 3M command strips.
- Sidewalk chalk, paint, color bombs
- Objects/lanterns released into air/water
- Sprinkled decorations of any kind, including confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice, or artificial flower petals
- Tacks, staples, nails, screws, zip ties or anything that would damage structures or trees
- Ground cover or any material that could suffocate grass
- Free-floating balloons. Balloons must be securely tied to weights and must be taken home with you. (do not stuff inflated balloons in trash bags)
What IS Allowed
- LED or battery-powered candles
- Bubbles in spill-proof containers
- Real flower petals
- Potted plants and flower arrangements (real or artificial)
- Draped decorations, such as tulle or garland
- Free-standing decorations
- Sterno heating cans for buffet-style trays
- Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only (It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event).
Tables & Chairs
There are 4 picnic tables available for use.
Camping tents are allowed at this location
Grill & Pig Roast
There are two 2.9' x 2.4' grills available for use.
May be used outdoors if kept on cement, gravel, or paved surface. Must have pan underneath to catch drippings. All waste from grilling/smoking/roasting including bones and grease must be removed from the site after the event. Please do not use our dumpster.
Alcoholic Beverages & Rules
Alcohol is NOT allowed at this location.
A staff person will meet you at the time listed on your reservation confirmation form.
If you wish to request an arrival time that is earlier than the facility's scheduled opening time or change an arrival time, at least two weeks' notice is required. Please notify the Parks Office. Additional fees will apply. We are not able to accommodate early arrival requests with less than two weeks' notice.
Parks Staff Responsibilities & Services
- Staff will have the facility clean, setup and open at your arrival time.
- Staff will have tables and chairs set up. You may rearrange them but need to return them to their original locations at the end of the reservation.
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Cleanup instructions are available at the facility as a guide to follow at the end of your event.
- We ask that you leave the facility in the condition you found it, including bagging all trash and depositing in the dumpster located in the parking lot. If you need assistance with this task let the staff person know when you arrive.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.