Windsnest Park picture courtesy of @frommichiganwithloveblog from Instagram
7905 Margaret Ave
West Olive, MI 49460
From Holland, take Butternut Dr until it turns into Lakeshore Ave. Turn left on Croswell St and then left again onto Olive Shores Ave. Take a right on Polk St and follow that to the entrance of Windsnest Park.
Amenities & Activities
- Picnic shelter (reservable)
- Swimming beach (NO LIFEGUARDS)
- Picnic area
- Scenic Lake Michigan views
- Modern restrooms
- Parking lot
Windsnest Park is located on 4 acres of land and provides a sandy beach front on Lake Michigan for the public to enjoy. The main activities include swimming and picnicking. The park also provides handicap accessible play equipment, restrooms, and improved parking facilities along with a wooden walkway for a beautiful view of Lake Michigan.
- March 1 through October 15 - 7AM to 10PM
- October 16 through February 28 - 7AM to 8PM
Motor vehicle parking fees are in effect from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Learn more »
- Dogs are not permitted May 1 through September 30.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10' max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, playground areas, volleyball courts, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.