Stay Connected with Ottawa County!
Sign up for emails or text alerts and receive updates from Ottawa County.
Our goal is to be receptive, responsive and transparent.
Members of the media seeking interviews or information should contact the Communications Manager, Shannon Felgner, (616) 738-4672.
We embrace today's new communications world and we use several social media tools to share information and interact with you:
Freedom of Information Act Requests
All requests made under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act will be processed in accordance with the requirements of the act. To submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, visit our convenient online FOIA Center.
The County SealThe official Ottawa County logo and tagline registered ® trademarks of Ottawa County. Reproduction is strictly prohibited. The logo is available for imprint on county projects by organizations doing business with the County. For a digital copy of the County seal that will keep all parties looking professional, please contact Shannon Felgner. The county logos on this website are not suitable for downloading, use in presentations, or other distribution. The Ottawa County seal is for County business only. Its use to impersonate the County in any manner is prohibited.
Content, layout and original artwork: © Copyright Ottawa County. All rights reserved. No rights are extended for copying or distribution, and permission is not expressly granted for any online uses other than for viewing on the sites administered by Ottawa County.
Social Media Policy
Users and visitors to Ottawa County social media sites are notified that the intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between the County and members of the public. Ottawa County reserves the right to remove published content that does not comply with privacy policies and the moderation rules set forth below;
- is obscene.
- is defamatory.
- that you do not have the necessary rights, licenses and consents to post.
- constitutes spam, unauthorized advertising or solicits.
- contains code or links to malware or potentially damaging links.
- invades anyone's privacy or impersonates anyone.
- encourages conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, state or national law or regulation.
- promotes illegal discrimination.
- threatens harm or loss.
Photography in County Buildings Policy
Because of the secured or confidential nature of many operations conducted within County facilities, a policy and ordinance have been adopted for photographing the interior of buildings.
If you provide us with your email address or phone number, we may use it to send you news, information and announcements. You may unsubscribe to these services by following the instructions contained in the messages. We will only share personal information about you with others if:
- We have your consent to share the information, or
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested, or
- We are authorized to do so by law. E.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or to requests pursuant to a statute requiring or permitting disclosure such as the Michigan Freedom of Information Act, MCL 15.231, et seq.
We limit access to personally identifiable information gathered to employees and agents who need access to perform a specific job.