Monday & Wednesday are walk in days at the Friend of the CourtGrand Haven office (main office): Wednesday 7:30am - Last walk-in will be seen at 4:30pm.
Holland office: Monday 8:00am - Noon & 1:00pm - 4:30pm.
Holiday Parenting Time Schedule (average 12 overnights each parent)
Holiday parenting time takes precedence over the regular parenting time schedule (Regular parenting time shall occur up until holiday parenting time begins and then at the conclusion of holiday parenting time, regular parenting time shall resume). The following holidays should be exercised with the times given:
Looking for Work
Department OverviewThe Friend of the Court Office is part of the 20th Judicial Circuit Court - Family Division (herein referred to as "Family Court") and is responsible for protecting the rights and interests of the children in domestic relations matters.
The Friend of the Court Office has the following statutory duties:
- To investigate, report, and recommend to the Family Court which parent should have custody of minor children.
- To enforce all child support orders, including medical support orders, entered by the Family Court.
- To insure that children's rights to parenting time with the non-custodial parents are protected, and to enforce parenting time rights ordered by the Family Court when parenting time is denied.
- Jennell L. Challa, Friend of the Court
- Matthew J. Schmid, Assistant Friend of the Court - Field Services
- Kathy E. Winston, Assistant Friend of the Court - Internal Operations
24 Hour Case Information Line
Grand Haven Office
414 Washington Avenue Room #225
Grand Haven, MI 49417
(ATM on 2nd Floor)
- Grand Haven Phone:
Grand Rapids Phone:
FAX: (616) 846-8128 Interpreter Services:
Monday - Friday:
7:30am - 5:00pm
- 85 West 8th Street
Holland, MI 49423
8:00am - 12:00pm
& 1:00pm - 4:30pm
No appointment needed