Crockery Creek Natural Area11071 Wren Drive (approx.)
Nunica, MI 49448
From Leonard, travel west of 104th to Wren Drive. Travel West on Wren to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Parking lot
- Portable toilet
- Hiking and cross-country ski trails
- Hunting by special permit only. See hunting for details.
MapThis map shows amenities, parking areas, features and trails. The 331-acre natural area includes frontage on both the Grand River and Crockery Creek. About two miles of hiking and cross-country ski trails meander along the creek, mature wooded ridges, floodplain forest, open hardwoods, wet meadows and buttonbush swamps. These diverse communities provide habitat for a wide variety of flora and fauna including bald eagles, sandhill cranes, red-headed woodpeckers and river otters. In addition to resident wildlife, the area provides staging areas for many migratory birds. The existing farm house and barn are from a Centennial Farm and are currently closed to the public.
Hours5am to 10pm
The parking area is not plowed in winter.
There are no entry fees.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.