Ottawa County Parks & Recreation
Riley Trails16300 Riley Street
Holland, MI 49424
From US-31, travel west on Riley Street for five miles to the entrance.
Amenities & Activities
- Hiking & mountain biking trails
- Ungroomed cross-country skiing trails
- Rustic toilets
This map shows facilities, parking areas, features and trails. Riley Trails is 300 acres of rolling terrain, beech-maple forest, pine plantations, a small lake and an informal trail system located in Park Township. The property is enjoyed by hikers, cross-country skiers, mountain bikers and other outdoor enthusiasts. Riley Trails includes 40 acres that was formerly the Southwest Ottawa County Landfill. The landfill cap is closed to the public to protect the cap from damage and because of potentially harmful methane gas venting through the pipes. Since the landfill has been closed and capped for several decades, the gas levels are significantly reduced. The landfill area remains closed to the public, however, until gas emissions are studied and determined to be at safe levels. In the future, the Parks hopes to open the hill to the public for trails, overlooks and sledding.
March 1 through October 15: 7am to 10pm
October 16 through February 28: 7am to 8pm
There are no entry fees.
- Dogs are required to be leashed (10’ max) and under control at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted in park buildings, restrooms, picnic shelters, off-trail, or as posted.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of waste in a trash receptacle.
- Leader dogs for persons with disabilities are permitted in all areas at any time.
- Recognizing that most dogs enjoy running and playing freely, many Ottawa County Open Space Lands allow dogs year-round off leash.
Parks Visitor Center
- The Nature
at Hemlock Crossing
8115 West Olive Road
West Olive, MI 49460
- Tuesday - Saturday:
9:00am - 5:00pm
12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Phone: (616) 786-4847
- Pigeon Creek Hotline: (616) 738-9531
- Room 267
12220 Fillmore St.
West Olive, MI 49460
- Monday - Friday:
8:00am - 5:00pm
- Phone: (616) 738-4810
Fax: (616) 738-4812
- In Ottawa County:
(888) 731-1001 ext.4810
General Park Hours*March 1 - October 15
7:00am - 10:00pm
October 16 - February 28
7:00am - 8:00pm