COVID-19 Updates from Public Health
COVID-19 Limited Operations, Procedures and Closures

All services are by appointment only at this time.

Todos los servicios son con cita previa en este momento.

See Details

Ottawa County Friend of the Court

The Friend of the Court is Open by Appointment Only

Ottawa County Friend of the Court will call you at your scheduled virtual appointment time.

General FOC Questions
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
Click to Schedule Virtual Appointment »
Specific Investigator Questions
Tuesdays and Thursdays
Click to Schedule Virtual Appointment »
Cash Payments By Appointment Only
Click to Schedule »

Who Is My Investigator?

Online Dispute Resolution

Ottawa Friend of the Court is now offering online dispute resolution for families of Ottawa County.

Contact Us

Contact the FOC online or by telephone:


Child support payments can be made at:


If you have suffered a loss of income due to COVID-19, please contact your FOC investigator using one of the methods listed above (phone or MiChildSupport).

Parenting time orders continue in full effect during the executive order  |  Spanish  |  Arabic

Statement from the Michigan Supreme Court on Matters Concerning Children  |  Spanish

FAQs Regarding Custody and Parenting Time During Covid-19 Outbreak

Will a support payer’s stimulus check be intercepted for child support?

My child is 18 and supposed to graduate in May. Now that the Governor has ordered that schools cannot be physically open, does my support obligation end now?

eFiling Waiver

If you wish to file a motion, but are unable to do so because you do not have the technology available to use the MiFile (e-filing) portal, please complete the motion (in the FOC FORMS section) and mail it with the request for exemption from e-filing form to the Ottawa County Clerk’s office. Motions are still being scheduled for hearing, however, those hearings are now being conducted by telephone /ZOOM. Please be sure to include telephone and email contacts in motion filings.


24 Hour access to your case
Upload documents
Two-way communication
Text your Investigator

Department Overview

To administer justice and restore wholeness in a manner that inspires public trust.
The Friend of the Court Office is part of the 20th Judicial Circuit Court - Family Division (herein referred to as "Family Court") and is responsible for protecting the rights and interests of the children in domestic relations matters.

The Friend of the Court Office has the following statutory duties:
  • To investigate, report, and recommend to the Family Court which parent should have custody of minor children.
  • To enforce all child support orders, including medical support orders, entered by the Family Court.
  • To insure that children's rights to parenting time with the non-custodial parents are protected, and to enforce parenting time rights ordered by the Family Court when parenting time is denied.

20th Circuit Friend of the Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Plan


If you have a warrant, you may come in on your warrant to the FOC in the Grand Haven Courthouse Monday – Friday from 7:30am – 4:00pm.

Friend of the Court is under the leadership of:
  • Jennell L. Challa, Friend of the Court
  • Matthew J. Schmid, Assistant Friend of the Court - Field Services
  • Kathy E. Covington, Assistant Friend of the Court - Internal Operations