Domestic Assault Intervention Program
Domestic Assault Unit
85 West 8th Street, Suite 130
Holland, MI 49423
FAX: (616) 355-4336
Holland: (616) 355-4340
Jennifer Gustafson, Violence Intervention Officer
Role & Responsibilities
- Contacts victim of domestic violence cases within 48 hours after an arrest occurs in which a perpetrator has been lodged in jail.
- Refers the victim and family to various agencies based on their needs, such as financial assistance, legal advise, counseling and temporary lodging.
- Coordinates with Resilience to make available family counseling and resources.
- Coordinates and exchange information with the Intensive Supervision Officers; review requests to lift no contact orders, when appropriate.
- Reports any violations of the conditions of bond or indications of misconduct to the courts.
- Consults with assistant prosecuting attorneys and victim assistance staff regarding domestic violence victim status on pending prosecutions.
For further education, counseling and resource information contact the Resilience or the Grand Rapids YWCA.