Domestic Assault Intervention Program
Domestic Assault Unit
85 West 8th Street, Suite 130
Holland, MI 49423
FAX: (616) 355-4336
Holland: (616) 355-4340
Jennifer Gustafson, Violence Intervention Officer
Role & Responsibilities
- Contacts victim of domestic violence cases within 48 hours after an arrest occurs in which a perpetrator has been lodged in jail.
- Refers the victim and family to various agencies based on their needs, such as financial assistance, legal advise, counseling and temporary lodging.
- Coordinates with Resilience to make available family counseling and resources.
- Coordinates and exchange information with the Intensive Supervision Officers; review requests to lift no contact orders, when appropriate.
- Reports any violations of the conditions of bond or indications of misconduct to the courts.
- Consults with assistant prosecuting attorneys and victim assistance staff regarding domestic violence victim status on pending prosecutions.