Planning & Preparedness
Emergency Supply Kit
Once you have gathered supplies for a Go Bag, you may want to consider adding the following items to survive on your own, or shelter in place, for at least three days. You should indicate to your household members that these supplies are for emergencies only. Check expiration dates of food and update your kits when you change your clock during daylight-saving times.
Store your supplies in airtight plastic bags if possible!
- Prescription medications and glasses
- Infant formula and diapers
- Pet food and extra water for your pet(s)
- Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container
- Cash or traveler&'s checks and change
- Emergency reference material such as a first aid book
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person. Consider additional bedding for cold-weather seasons.
- Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper (When diluted nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant)
- Fire extinguisher and matches in a waterproof container.
- Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
- Mess kits, paper plates, cups, plastic utensils and paper towels.
- Paper and Pencils; consider books, games or other activities for children