COVID-19 Updates & Information from Public Health »

The Ottawa County Fillmore Complex in West Olive is currently without power, impacting its ability to serve customers.

This includes the Sheriff headquarters, Clerk, Register of Deeds and Treasurer offices as well as today's inmate visits at the jail and hearings in the West Olive court. Other locations such as Holland, Grand Haven and Hudsonville are operating and providing services and hearings.

More Information »

Ottawa County Parks & Recreation

Giving to the Parks

Along with many volunteer opportunities, residents and visitors alike can support parks financially in many ways.

Ottawa County Parks Foundation

The Ottawa County Parks Foundation raises funds to assist the Ottawa County Parks and Recreation Commission in achieving goals for acquiring land, developing parks and providing parks and recreation services to residents and visitors of Ottawa County.

Donate a Bench or Table


A bench or table is a wonderful way to honor the memory of a loved one, recognize a special person or give a unique gift to the person who has everything. For a donation of $750 to $1500, Ottawa County Parks will install a bench or table adorned with an inscribed plaque. Contact the parks office at 616-846-8160 for more information.  Complete a request here.

The Nature Center Endowment Fund


With school budgets more prudent than ever, many children may not get to experience the joy and wonderment of a field trip to Ottawa County’s Nature Center without your donation.

Schools needing financial support for a field trip can request grants from the Nature Center Endowment Fund (through our local community foundation) to help with expenses. Donations to the fund are also used to purchase educational supplies for the free nature programs offered at the center. Those who donate $500 or more will be acknowledged, if desired, on a Giving Tree displayed prominently inside the Nature Center (donation levels below).

You may donate to the Nature Center Endowment Fund by mail or online. To make a donation, please follow the directions below. If you have any questions, please call the Parks Office at 616-786-4847. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Donate online through the Community Foundation of Holland/Zeeland

Donate online through the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation
» In the drop-down menu, scroll down and select “other”
» Type in NEC Endowment Fund

Donate by mail - Download and print the donation form

Donation Amount

Giving Tree Emblem

$500 to $999 Oak Leaf
$1,000 to $1,499 Acorn
$1,500 to $2,499 Songbird
$2,500 to $9,999 Rock
$10,000 and above Boulder