Join the Ottawa County Parks Team Today! Become a Volunteer.
Is your group of friends looking for a way to have fun together and give back to the community? Are you part of a local bootcamp or crossfit group, and are looking for a challenge? For information on these opportunities and more, contact Carly Garvelink. Or, you can get started by filling out a Volunteer Application. We will contact you once we receive your application.
Volunteers provide a critical service to the County Parks. Our goal is to provide you with a rewarding and meaningful volunteer experience that contributes to the mission of Ottawa County Parks & Recreation. There are a variety of opportunities for individuals and groups to volunteer in our parks!
Does your organization, company, or school have a local park they love? Become part of our Adopt-a-Park program!
Are you a science teacher looking for a place-based learning experience? Ask us about our service-based learning projects!
Current Volunteer Job Descriptions
General Park Volunteer
- Administrative Support
- General Maintenance
- Neighborhood Group Walk Leader
- Park Monitor
- Sign Painting
- Trail Construction
- Trail Tender
- Park Steward
Ottawa Conservation District
The public can also help keep the parks beautiful and combat invasive species. We could use your help!
Never volunteered for a stewardship workday before? No problem! Here’s what you should know:
- Bring work gloves (preferably leather), insect repellent and appropriate outdoor gear.
- All necessary tools, drinking water and snacks will be provided.
- No preregistration is required.
- All ages are welcome, however we do ask that those under 16 are supervised by an adult.
- Work days are cancelled if raining.
- To see all of our workday dates, check out the online calendar.