Upper Macatawa Picnic Shelter
- Covered picnic area with cement floor
- Picnic tables
- Modern restrooms available
- Fully accessible
- Electricity available
- Drinking fountain with water bottle filler
Rental Times & Fees
Available May 1st - October 9th
Shelter Capacity: 24
|(10:00am - 9:30pm)
If not reserved, Picnic Shelter is available on a first come basis.
- Nothing is allowed that would damage park property or furnishings. This includes nails, screws, tacks, staples, duct tape, mailing tape, or similar products.
- Anything that would leave evidence after the reservation is not allowed. This includes sidewalk chalk, glitter, confetti, birdseed, rice, or sprinkled decorations of any kind.
- There is a fee to bring in an amusement (such as a bouncy house) and these items must be approved in advance. Proof of liability insurance and a completed liability release form are required. Please contact the Parks Office for more information.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in any rental areas. Service dogs are permitted if working and wearing an identifying harness or vest.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Rustic restroom facilities are available.
Set-up, decorating, and clean-up must be done within your rental time period. All decorations must remain within your rental area. All decorations, including any portable furniture/ structures, such as trellises, podiums, etc., must be contained within your rental area, must be completely removable and must not damage park property or trees in any way.
Aisle runners and portable dance floors are allowed but must be removed immediately following the reservation time period and may not be left overnight.
Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only. Signs and balloons may not be stapled, nailed, tied, or taped to light poles or park signs. It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event.
What Is NOT Allowed
- No piñatas
- No flames/fire, including candles, tiki torches, sparklers, lanterns, firecrackers/fireworks, portable fire pits.
- Anything that could cause damage or leave evidence after the event, including but
- NO Adhesives, including masking tape, scotch tape, duct tape, glue, hot glue, painters tape or 3M command strips.
- Sidewalk chalk, paint, color bombs
- Objects/lanterns released into air/water
- Sprinkled decorations of any kind, including confetti, glitter, birdseed, rice, or artificial flower petals
- Tacks, staples, nails, screws, zip ties or anything that would damage structures or trees
- Ground cover or any material that could suffocate grass
- Free-floating balloons. Balloons must be securely tied to weights and must be taken home with you. (do not stuff inflated balloons in trash bags)
What IS Allowed
- LED or battery-powered candles
- Bubbles in spill-proof containers
- Real flower petals
- Potted plants and flower arrangements (real or artificial)
- Draped decorations, such as tulle or garland
- Free-standing decorations
- Sterno heating cans for buffet-style trays
- Wire stake signs are allowed at the entrance to the facility to indicate your event during your reservation time only (It is the responsibility of the reservation holder to remove all signs at the end of the event).
Tables & Chairs
There is picnic table seating available for up to 24 people.
Tents are not allowed at this location
Grill & Pig Roast
May be used outdoors if kept on cement, gravel, or paved surface. Must have pan underneath to catch drippings. All waste from grilling/smoking/roasting including bones and grease must be removed from the site after the event. Please do not use our dumpster.
Alcoholic Beverages & Rules
Alcohol is NOT allowed at this location.
The facility will only be available at the times shown on your rental confirmation form. Reservation holders will be provided with a door code that will unlock the entrance during the specified reservation time. Reservation holders will be sent instructions and the code for unlocking and closing the facility. You will not see a staff person when you arrive at the facility.
Parks Staff Responsibilities & Services
- Make sure your facility is ready and open on time.
- Have tables and chairs set up. You may rearrange them.
- Take out trash after your reservation
- Any decorating or food-related needs, such as table coverings, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Placing all trash in the bins that are provided.
- Cleaning up any spills or messes.
- Wiping down tables and removing all belongings at the end of the reservation.
If the person renting a facility cancels the reservation, the following policy applies
- 61+ days prior to the reservation: 80% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 31 to 60 days prior to the reservation: 50% refund of reservation fee plus 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled for a $20 rescheduling fee.
- 0 to 30 days prior to the reservation: Reservation fee will not be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled. 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- No show, no call, or cancellation after the reservation date: Neither the reservation fee nor the deposit will be refunded, and reservation may not be rescheduled.
Exceptions to cancellation policy
- If the facility is unavailable due to a building maintenance issue (e.g. a fire, plumbing or HVAC issue, etc.), a natural disaster, pandemic, government restriction, or other problem outside of the control of both Ottawa County Parks and the renter, the renter would be offered a 90% refund of the reservation fee and 100% refund of deposit, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost, or the funds may be placed on account for a future reservation, park program, or merchandise.
- If Ottawa County Parks chooses to cancel the reservation for any reason not listed above, 100% of all fees will be refunded, or the reservation may be rescheduled at no additional cost.