Contacting an Inmate
Inmate Contact by Mail
The Ottawa County Adult Correctional Facility has contracted with Smart Communications to provide MailGuard electronic mail services. MailGuard is a quick and efficient way for inmates to receive letters and photos electronically. The change streamlines the operations of the Sheriff's Office, improves communications, and ensures the safety and well-being of inmates and staff.
Inmate postal mail must be sent to the following address:
Ottawa County Adult Correctional Facility
Joe Sample #123456 (example inmate)
PO Box 9155
Seminole, FL 33775-9137
Any personal correspondence received at the facility will be returned to sender.
- The inmate's name and ID number must be clearly printed on the outside of the envelope or post card to ensure the mail is posted to the current account.
- All regular inmate postal mail (postcards, letters, greeting cards, etc.) will be scanned into the system and available to the inmates to view their postal mail via tablets.
Family & Friends
To follow the mail until it is delivered, please sign up for a MailGuard™ Tracker account online at www.mailguardtracker.com. If you already have an account with SmartInmate.com, you may log in using the same username and password. MailGuard Tracker enables you to track postal mail delivery. Sign up for a free account and view delivery status, receive notifications if your mail is rejected, and download copies of mail that has been received and processed.
Upon release, inmates can login into the public website at www.smartinmate.com and enter their inmate number and password to download their photos, messages, and postal mail for FREE!
Legal mail and court documents will continue to be sent to the facility directly at: (example inmate)
Joe Sample #123456
c/o Ottawa County Adult Correctional Facility
12130 Fillmore Street
West Olive, MI 49460
Cash & Money Orders
Family/friends are discouraged from sending cash through the mail. However, when cash is received via the mail and the recipient inmate is clearly identified, the cash will be deposited into the inmate's trust account. Money Orders made out in the inmate's name will be deposited into the inmate's trust account. All money deposited is subject to transaction fees and becomes the property of the inmate.
The Ottawa County Sheriff's Office will not be held responsible for any money sent through the mail to inmates.
New books (soft cover only) sent by way of the US Postal Service are permitted if sent directly from the publisher, a bookstore, or a distribution company. Books may not contain nudity, promote/advocate discrimination, or contain “Due on Delivery” bills. Bibles may not have a ribbon or bookmark device. Newspapers or magazines will not be permitted.
All books sent to inmates will become the property of the Ottawa County Jail. The books will be stamped as “Property of the Ottawa County Jail” and the inmates will have access to those books from the library book cart(s).Mailing Address:
Inmate Name Inmate ID#
Ottawa County Jail
12130 Fillmore St.
West Olive, MI 49460
Smart Communications offers different calling account options to allow you to pay for inmate phone calls in advance and stay connected.
Prepaid Collect (PPC) - allows family and friends to pay for collect calls they receive from an inmate in advance. The PPC account holder decides which phone numbers are allowed and how much they want to spend on receiving collect calls.
PIN Debit - family and friends can deposit funds directly into PIN Debit accounts. These account funds are owned by the inmate and can be used to pay for calls they place to any facility-approved phone number.
To prevent disconnection, avoid the following actions during a call:
- Press any buttons on phone's dial pad
- Attempt to transfer or perform a 3-way call
- Stop the conversation or place call on hold
- Use or answer "call waiting"
Visit smartinmate.com or contact Customer Care at 888-843-1972 to create your account and deposit funds. Calling account funds can be used for:
- Prepaid Collect (PPC) phone number(s) to receive prepaid calls or leave voicemails
- PIN Debit for inmates to make prepaid calls
Our Customer Care Call Center is open 7 days a week from 7:00am to 12:00 Midnight EST and can be reached toll-free at 888-843-1972. Our friendly, knowledgeable, U.S. based Customer Care representatives are prepared to assist you:
- Create an account
- Deposit funds into an account
- Communication service questions and rates
- Billing and refund questions
There are a variety of ways to deposit funds into calling accounts. Once processed, deposited funds are available for immediate use.
- Online - quick, convenient, secure and available 24/7/365. Visit www.smartinmate.com and log into your account.
- Live Operator - available 7 days a week from 7:00am to 12:00 Midnight EST by calling our tollfree Customer Care at 888-843-1972.
- Automated Operator - available 24/7/365 by calling our toll-free Customer Care at 888-843-1972 and selecting “Make a Deposit” from the automated menu.
- Mail - deposit funds via money order or certified check. Include the phone number
Prepaid Collect (PPC) or PIN Debit calling account in which funds are to be deposited. Also
include the phone number of the party depositing funds. Make payable to “Smart
Communications” and mail to:
Smart Communications Deposit Center
P.O. Box 1848
Pinellas Park, FL 33780