Buy your motor vehicle permit today!
Annual and daily permits are now available online.
Bridge Card holders in Michigan can receive a free Ottawa County Parks annual motor vehicle permit. Limited to one permit per household. Inquire inside the DHHS office for a coupon code or call 616-394-7200 and press “0” to speak with an operator.
REMINDER: Permits are required from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day at the parks below. Vehicles without a valid daily or annual permit will be ticketed. If you have received a citation, you must pay for it online.Pay Your Citation Now
Motor Vehicle Fees & Boat Launch Fees
Ottawa County Parks collects parking fees from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day at the following parks:
- North Beach Park
- Olive Shores
- Kirk Park
- Rosy Mound Natural Area
- Tunnel Park
- Kouw Park*
- Windsnest Park*
- Riverside Park (boat launch only)
*In 2023, Ottawa County Parks will begin managing Kouw and Windsnest Parks per a management agreement with Port Sheldon Township. The township will be subsidizing the cost of an annual motor vehicle permit for their residents. Read more about this change by clicking here.
Several options are available to our visitors:
Annual permits are $25. There are additional discounts for residents and resident seniors.
- Discounted to $15 for Ottawa County residents
- Discounted to $9 for Ottawa County resident seniors age 60+
- Discounted to $10 for Port Sheldon Township residents and $4 to Port Sheldon Township Seniors (This discount is subsidized by Port Sheldon Township)
- Active Bridge Card holders in Michigan can receive a free Ottawa County Parks annual motor vehicle permit. Limited to one permit per household. To receive a coupon code, inquire inside the DHHS office or call 616-394-7200 and press “0” to speak with an operator. Enter the coupon code into a pay station at one of the lakeshore parks listed below to receive your free annual permit ($25 value). Be sure to select ANNUAL PERMIT. Please note this coupon code does not work online, it must be done at a park.
- Daily motor vehicle fee is $8 per vehicle
How can I purchase my motor vehicle permit?
When available, there will be two ways you can purchase your digital permit:
- Online - visitors will be able to register their license plate and pay for their annual or daily motor vehicle permit online using a mobile-friendly website. Utilizing this will allow users to verify their residency and birthday, so they are able to receive discounts they are eligible for before visiting the park. This will be the only method to purchase discounted motor vehicle permits!
- On-site - pay stations will be installed at all lakeshore beach parks including the two new parks we will be managing for Port Sheldon Township. Visitors can purchase a digital permit by registering their license plate for a day or a year using the pay station. Annual permits sold at the pay stations will be $25; daily permits will be $8. The fee stations are not able to determine residency, so no discounted permits will be sold at these stations.
Motor Vehicle Permit FAQ's
How will you know that I've purchased my permit when I park?
The fee machines and mobile website will sync in real-time to a handheld device used by park staff to verify if a permit has been purchased or not. Vehicles without a valid daily or annual permit will be ticketed.
Do I need a separate account from the one I use to register for
Yes. In order to view and / or purchase digital permits, you will first need to create an account as prompted by the website. You will need to sign up with an email address.
When I purchase a multi-vehicle pass, how do I add a second vehicle
You can only purchase a multi-vehicle pass if you are a resident of Ottawa County. You can login to your online account and click on Manage for the permit you'd like to view the details of.
To quickly make those updates: Select the "View/Add Permits Tab" at the top of the page, select the "Manage Permit" link under the permit you would like to update, then select the button that has your current vehicle information. This will open a page that allows you to make updates and add another vehicle.
How do I add a second vehicle after I have already purchased a
You would need to purchase a second single vehicle pass to add one vehicle or a multi- vehicle pass to add two additional vehicles.
The website is telling me I have an invalid address.
Please note that Resident Annual Permits are for residents of Ottawa County or Port Sheldon Township only and will require address verification.
As you start to type your address, matching addresses will appear below the box you are typing in. Simply click on your street address when it appears. If you do not see your address, delete one character at a time from the end of the address you typed to broaden the search. Do not enter any additional information like apartment or suite number here if it does automatically show up. Doing so will invalidate the address. If it does not appear, then it is not on our list of resident addresses. If you are a resident of Ottawa County and your address is not appearing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full address and we will get back to you ASAP to resolve the issue.
How does the auto-renewal work?
Log in to the Permit Dashboard at ottawacounty.cmrpay.com using the username and password you created when you purchased your permit. Click “manage” next to the permit you want to auto-renew. Then click “auto renew” and “enroll”. Enter your payment information and checkout. Now you are all set every year until you choose to log back in and cancel.
I am a Bridge Card holder. How do I receive my free motor vehicle
Inquire inside the DHHS office for a coupon code or call 616-394-7200 and press “0” to speak with an operator. Enter the coupon code into a pay station at one of the lakeshore parks listed below to receive your free annual permit ($25 value). Be sure to select ANNUAL PERMIT. Please note this coupon code does not work online, it must be done at a park.
Park Rules »