20th Circuit Court

Fines, Costs & Restitution

If you are sentenced in Circuit Court and ordered to pay fines, costs, restitution or any other financial obligation, the total amount of those financial obligations is due on the date of sentencing pursuant to MCR 1.110. Michigan Complied Law 600.4803 states, in pertinent part: "(1) A person who fails to pay a penalty, fee, or costs in full within 56 days after that amount is due and owing is subject to a late penalty equal to 20% of the amount owed."

Other pertinent information regarding financial obligations

The Circuit Court Records Division accepts cash, money orders, bank drafts, certified checks, MasterCard and Visa only. No personal checks are accepted.

Circuit Court payments may be made online with a credit card or at the following County Clerk Office locations:

Grand Haven County Building, 414 Washington Avenue, Room 320, Grand Haven
(Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm)

Fillmore Office, Family Division 12120 Fillmore St., West Olive
(Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm)

Holland Branch Office, 12251 James St., Holland
(Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 11:30am & 12:30pm - 5:00pm)

If you wish to make a payment by mail, send it to the following address:

Circuit Court Records
Room 320
414 Washington Avenue
Grand Haven, MI 49417

(Be sure to write your case/file number on the face of the document you send.)

If you wish to pay by telephone using MasterCard or Visa, call (616) 846-8311.

For questions, please call (616) 846-8315.

If you are convicted of or have pled guilty to a felony or high misdemeanor crime, your financial obligations (Fines, Costs, Restitution, Etc.) must be paid on the date of sentence in accordance with Michigan Court Rule.

It is the defendant's responsibility to keep the Court notified of current address. Important information, such as potential hearing dates, enforcement orders, wage assignments, tax garnishments, and other enforcement information, may not come to your attention, resulting in a bench warrant being issued. The Court must be notified of change of address in addition to notifying your probation/parole agent, if any.