Community Mental Health

Requesting Mental Health Services

To request mental health services call the Access Center, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Ottawa County Access Center

(616) 393-5681
Toll-free: 1-877-588-4357
TTY: Michigan Relay 711

All calls to the Access Center are private and confidential.

What to expect at your first appointment

The Access Center’s qualified staff will talk with you to determine your needs and eligibility for CMH services. Each service that CMH offers has criteria established by the Department of Community Health. CMH staff may suggest one or more of the services based on your needs. You may request a complete list of services and the providers available in your area.

If you are eligible, you will be given an appointment for services. If you are not eligible for CMH services, the Access Center will help you locate other agencies in the community that can meet your needs.

You are welcome to bring a family member or friend to this appointment. There will be paperwork to complete before talking with someone about your request for services.

If you need mental health services while you are outside of your county area, contact your assigned CMH worker, their supervisor, or the Access Center in your home county and they will assist you.